Big Sexy Arune.Com

Friday, February 18, 2005

Why We Fight (Part 2)

I've decided to keep this "Why We Fight" title as the name of the posts where I address more "philosophical" aspects of my life and my own experiences as I try to find my way. I'll have a new post at least every week or so.

"Heroes don't accept the world the way it is. They fight it"- Lindsey McDonald, Angel S5 (thanks to City Of Angel for the picture).


I find this to be an interesting point of view, especially with the thoughts running through my head of late- at what point is the reality of our lives so solid and unmoving that we must accept- tolerate?- our current climate, whether speaking in the broad sense or a more personal POV. After all, if we did not push the boundaries and try to grasp the unknown, we'd have not the successes of mankind. Which limits are life are the most acceptable and which must be challenged?

And at what point does challenging the system become an exercise in futility and necessitate moving one's view back to the, at the risk of being cliched, "big picture?"

At what point must dreams be tempered by reality?